Mr. Blaut has earned recognition by his peers in organizations that recognize outstanding attorneys, including being named:
- Rated by SuperLawyers 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.
- AVVO rating of 10 (Superb).
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA).
- “AV” Preeminent peer-rated by Martindale Hubbell 5 out of 5 (the highest rating).
- To America’s Top 100 Attorneys.
- To Rue Ratings’ Best Lawyers of America.
- By the National Association of Distinguished Counsel as in the Top 1% of Attorneys in the United States.
- One of South Florida’s Top-Rated Lawyers in 2012–2015.
- To the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers.
- By American Research Corporation as a “Leading American Lawyer – 1999”.
- To the College of Barristers.
- Founding Fellow of the Southern Trial Lawyers.
- A Diplomate of the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers.
Mr. Blaut is a member of the:
- Florida Justice Association (formerly, Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers) – EAGLE member.
- American Justice Association (formerly, Association of Trial Lawyers of America.
- Broward County Justice Association.
- American Bar Association.
- Broward County Bar Association.
- Broward County Trial Lawyers.
- Mr. Blaut was admitted to practice law in Florida in 1976 and in New York in 1984. He is also admitted to practice in the Southern District of Florida and in the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Blaut has been appointed by the Florida Bar to serve on the statewide Florida Bar committees on the Rules of Evidence, Health Law and the Rules of Civil Procedure. Mr. Blaut has also served on a Grievance Committee and has been the chairperson of a Grievance Committee. Mr. Blaut has also lectured to trial attorneys in the areas of personal injury and trial practice.
Mr. Blaut graduated from Syracuse University with a Juris Doctorate in law and a Master of Science in Accounting in 1975. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Massachusetts Cum Laude in 1973.
Following law school Mr. Blaut represented insurance companies for one year before spending the next 29 years at Abrams Anton, starting as an associate in the personal injury department, and eventually became the head of the personal injury department.
He has served on the boards of Temple Sinai and Beth Ahm Israel synagogues, and was a vice president of Temple Sinai.