Michael A. Weiss is a shareholder in Blaut Weiss Law Group. The Blaut Weiss Law Group was formed in 2013 by Milton Blaut and Michael Weiss. They have 70 years of combined litigation experience, serving their clients in the areas of auto, truck and motorcycle accidents, trip/slip and fall, medical malpractice, defective medical devices and bad drugs, nursing home neglect, disability insurance claims, cemetery abuse, and hurricane and property insurance claims.
Mr. Weiss has earned recognition by his peers in organizations that recognize outstanding attorneys, including:
- Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers in South Florida by The National Trial Lawyers.
- Highest rating of “AV” Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell.
- South Florida’s Top-rated Lawyers.
- Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite.
- Top 100 Lawyer by the American Society of Legal Advocates.
- Preeminent Lawyer by the Bar Registry.
- AVVO rating of 10 (Superb).
Mr. Weiss is a member of the:
- American Justice Association (formerly, Association of Trial Lawyers of America).
- EAGLE member of the Florida Justice Association (formerly, Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers).
- Broward County Trial Lawyers Association.
- American Bar Association.
- Broward County Bar Association.
Mr. Weiss graduated from the University of Miami School of Law with a Juris Doctor in 1993. He earned a Bachelor of Arts from Union College in 1989. He was admitted to practice in Florida and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida in 1993.
Mr. Weiss began his career as an insurance defense attorney, litigating personal injury claims on behalf of insurance companies, corporations, physicians, hospitals, governmental entities and business owners. He brings invaluable experience and knowledge to his practice, representing the injured in areas that include personal injury and wrongful death matters, automobile accidents, funeral home/cemetery abuse, medical malpractice, slip/trip and fall, product liability and insurance disputes.
Mr. Weiss is certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a Circuit Civil Mediator.
Mr. Weiss volunteers as the Vice-President of Smiling Faces Forever Foundation, Inc. This charitable organization raises funds and collects toys to deliver to children who are admitted in several local hospitals in Broward County, Florida.
Mr. Weiss is also a member of the Board of Directors and previously held the position of Chairman of the Trustees for the Coral Springs Chamber of Commerce.