Pursuant to the Florida Bar Rules of Professional Conduct, if you are interested in viewing information about the past results of the Blaut Weiss attorneys, please read and acknowledge the information below. The information in this section contains descriptions of the past trials, cases and results of the firm’s attorneys.
You should know that the specific facts and circumstances of your case may differ from the matters in which results have been provided. The results are not necessarily representative of the results obtained by all of the clients of the attorneys or the law firm. Every case is different and each case must be evaluated and handled based on the specific facts and circumstances of each case. You should not assume that your case will have the same result as the listed cases.
Please keep in mind that where dollar amounts are provided, the figures represent the gross amount recovered, which may include attorney’s fees, costs of presenting the claim or case, medical bills and other liens. The client’s portion of any listed recovery was less than the gross amount provided. Most cases result in a lower net recovery.
By continuing, I acknowledge that I have read and understood the above information and request access to view Blaut Weiss results.
PERSONAL INJURY TRIAL ATTORNEYS — OUR EXPERIENCE AT YOUR SIDE
$19.5 million settlement for the neurological injuries of two minors resulting from automobile products defect. Settlement occurred after several years of contested litigation.
- Client suffered significant injuries involving multiple fractures to lower and upper extremities and resulting nerve damage and multiple surgeries. Total settlement was for $ 4.1 million dollars.
- Our client was rear-ended while driving on I-95. As a result, he suffered a significant injury to his neck that ultimately required a cervical fusion. The case was settled for five hundred and twenty five thousand dollars ($525,000).
- Our client was rear-ended while stopped at a traffic light. As a result, he suffered injuries to his low back which required lumbar epidural injections. The injections did not help and the client underwent a surgical decompression. The case was settled for the total insurance policy limits of two hundred and fifty thousand dollars ($250,000)
- A 71-year-old woman was driving on State Road 84 when a commercial truck recklessly pulled out onto the road causing a collision. The client suffered an aggravation of her pre-existing neck and back problems and had to undergo epidural injections. The case was settled for one hundred thousand ($100,000) dollars.
- The client was walking towards Publix in the parking lot when RC backed into the client. The client was hit on her left knee and suffered an injury that ultimately required arthroscopic surgery. The case was settled for the one hundred thousand ($100,000) dollar policy limits.
- A 31-year-old client was rear-ended by a van owned by a military agency. As a result, he suffered a significant injury to his low back which required a two-level lumbar fusion. The case was tried in Federal court and a total verdict of $1.67 million dollars was obtained on behalf of the client.
- Our client was an elderly woman sitting in a parked vehicle when she was struck by the defendant’s vehicle. As a result of the crash, she suffered an injury to her knee which caused pain and weakness. Due to the weakness, CE subsequently fell and injured her shoulder which required surgery. The attorneys’ from Blaut Weiss obtained a verdict of one hundred twenty-seven thousand, eight hundred sixty-eight ($127,868) dollars on behalf of the client.
- Our client was a 44-year-old woman who was driving through an intersection when she was hit by a driver who ignored a red light. The client suffered multiple fractures in her hand and wrist. The Defendant driver’s insurance company tendered the one hundred thousand ($100,000) dollar insurance policy limits.
- Client riding a motorcycle was rear-ended by the Defendant driver, SF. The driver’s liability insurance company tendered its one hundred thousand ($100,000) dollar policy limits before the filing of the lawsuit.
- Our client was stopped in her vehicle when the Defendant’s truck backed into her at a high rate of speed. She suffered multiple injuries including a TMJ injury. The case was settled shortly before trial for one hundred fifty thousand ($150,000) dollars.
- A 90-year-old man was walking in a parking lot when he was struck by a vehicle that resulted in a fractured hip and wrist. The driver of the vehicle fled the scene. Fortunately, the attorneys at Blaut Weiss found witnesses and obtained statements from those witnesses identifying the vehicle and the driver. The case was resolved without litigation for three hundred thousand ($300,000) dollars.
- Client was a thirty-four (34) year old female riding her bicycle when she was struck by a vehicle driven by EL. The Defendant failed to stop at a stop sign. EL’s insurance company paid the one hundred thousand ($100,000) dollar insurance policy limits.
- A seventeen 17-year-old male was riding in the back seat of a vehicle negligently driven by another young man. As a result, of the driver’s negligence, the vehicle crashed into a tree. Our client suffered a fractured femur. The case was settled shortly before trail for three hundred sixty thousand ($360,000) dollars.
- Client, MD was driving through an intersection when he was struck by IP who disregarded the red light. MD was 37 years old at the time of the crash and suffered an aggravation of a prior knee injury which required surgery because of the crash. The case was settled for one hundred twenty-five thousand ($125,000) dollars.
- Client was 31-year-old male who was driving through an intersection when he was struck by a vehicle driven by SH. The driver’s side window shattered and partially amputated the client’s left ear. The case was settled for the insurance policy limits of one hundred ten thousand ($110,000) dollars.
- Confidential settlement of $200,000 for client who stepped in a hole in a parking lot and suffered a fractured ankle.
- Client was injured in gas explosion. ME suffered an injury to his cervical spine that required a surgical procedure and also suffered partial hearing loss in one ear. The case was settled shortly before trial for four hundred thirty thousand ($430,000) dollars.
- A twelve (12) year-old girl fell while performing gymnastics at the defendant’s facility. The defendant failed to properly supervise, spot and maintain appropriate safety devices such as mats. As a result, the minor client suffered a skull fracture. The attorneys’ from Blaut Weiss obtained a verdict in the amount of three hundred sixty-five ($365,000) dollars on behalf of the child.
- Our client 75 year old client tripped and fell in a shoe store. As a result she fractured her femur and had a partial hip replacement. The lawsuit was filed and ultimately settled for two hundred thousand dollars ($200,000).
- The family of SS hired the Nurses Registry to provide in-home care for SS who was elderly and suffering from advanced Alzheimer’s and dementia. The Nurses Registry failed to perform appropriate background checks and violated its own policies and procedures by placing placing a dangerous and violent person in the home of SS. One morning the nurse registry employee beat SS with a hammer, poured boiling water on SS and threw her off the bed. As a result, SS suffered multiple fractures and ultimately succumbed to the injuries. Shortly before trial, the case settled for six hundred twenty-seven thousand, five hundred ($627,500) dollars.
- Elderly client with end stage Dementia was resident in the rehabilitation and nursing facility. The facility failed to provide appropriate and reasonable care and CM was found on multiple occasions by family members with no blanket, shivering, bruised and without proper sanitary conditions. The case was resolved shortly before trial for one hundred eighty-five thousand ($185,000) dollars.
- An elderly gentleman with Alzheimer’s and dementia was recovering from a fractured hip in a nursing and rehabilitation facility. Due to the negligence of the facility, our client fell and fractured the other hip. The case was settled for one hundred thousand ($100,100) dollars.
- LC was a 66-year-old female who tripped and fell at night due to a broken and defective sidewalk. The Defendants knew about the condition and chose not to repair the area. LC fell and suffered fractures of her orbit and wrist. As a result of these injuries, she developed other complications. The case was settled shortly before trial for four hundred fifty-four thousand, nine hundred ($454,900) dollars.
- BMS slipped and fell at a movie theater due to liquid on the floor. According to witnesses the liquid had been on the floor for a significant period of time. Client suffered an aggravation of her pre-existing neck and back problems that led to epidural injections and surgery. The case was settled before trial for one hundred seventy-five thousand ($175,000) dollars.
- A 72-year-old client, BN, tripped and fell due to a loose and defective display. The client suffered a displaced fracture of her wrist which required multiple surgeries. The case was settled before trial for three hundred seventy-five thousand ($375,000) dollars.
- Client was an elderly gentleman with advanced Alzheimer’s who was admitted to the hospital. The hospital knew the client was a fall risk but failed to take appropriate precautions and as a result, the client fell and suffered multiple fractures including his hip and arm. The case was settled for one hundred forty-one thousand ($141,000) dollars.
- Client was walking towards the store when she tripped and fell due to an uneven walkway. The client suffered facial and dental injuries, which resulted in the loss of several teeth, root canal and significant restoration procedures. The case was settled for one hundred thousand ($100,000) dollars.
- Confidential settlement of emergency room negligence of automobile accident victim — $5,500,000.
- Confidential settlement of $4,700,000 for failure to timely read cardiac strips for hospital inpatient resulting in neurological injuries.
- $2,300,000 verdict for negligent spinal surgery.
- Confidential settlement of $850,000 against hospital for failure to timely diagnose.
- Confidential settlement of $365,000 for failure to properly interpret abnormality of scan.
- Confidential settlement of $700,000 against the pediatrician for failing to properly diagnose and abnormal kidney in a young child.
- Medical malpractice case where a young girl had multiple abnormal urinalysis tests for a period of approximately three (3) years. The physicians’ in Dr. R’s practice failed to investigate, diagnose and treat young MG’s kidneys dysfunction. As a result, MG developed severe kidney dysfunction that required a kidney transplant. The case was settled pre-suit for six hundred fifty thousand ($650,000) dollars.
- KR was a 71-year-old woman who went to an outpatient surgery center to receive an epidural injection. Before the procedure all of the health care providers knew that KR had a severe allergy to a medication called Lidocaine, and she had a prior anaphylactic reaction to this drug. Unfortunately, during the epidural procedure, KR was given an unlabeled syringe which contained Lidocaine. KR went into respitory arrest and died. The case was settled shortly before trial for seven hundred and fifty thousand ($750,000) dollars.
- Our clients’ child died during birth. The clients contracted with a funeral home to handle the transport and preparation of the child’s body for a cremation. The clients specifically requested and paid for a witnessed cremation. Inexplicably, the crematory disregarded the instructions and cremated the body without the consent or presence of the parents. The case was settled for four hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
- The clients’ baby died a few months after he was born. The clients contracted with a funeral home to handle the transport and preparation of the child’s body for a funeral. On the day of the funeral, the funeral home brought the wrong casket to the funeral. When the funeral was over, the funeral director attempted to switch the caskets without notifying the parents of the mistake. A settlement was reached in the amount of two hundred and fifty thousand dollars ($250,000).