The Blaut Weiss Law Group is proud to announce that Milton Blaut, shareholder and co-founder, has been selected to the 2017 Florida Super Lawyers list. No more than five percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The annual selections are made using a patented multiphase process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, an independent research evaluation of candidates, and peer reviews by practice area. The result is a credible, comprehensive, and diverse listing of exceptional attorneys. The Super Lawyers lists are published nationwide in Super Lawyers Magazines and in leading city and regional magazines and newspapers across the country. For more information about Super Lawyers, go to SuperLawyers.com.
Mr. Blaut’s other accolades include being named:
- To America’s Top 100 Attorneys.
- To Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers in South Florida by The National Trial Lawyers.
- To Rue Ratings’ Best Lawyers of America.
- By the National Association of Distinguished Counsel as in the Top 1% of Attorneys in the United States.
- One of South Florida’s Top-Rated Lawyers in 2012-2015.
- To the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers.
- By American Research Corporation as a “Leading American Lawyer – 1999.
- To the College of Barristers.
- Founding Fellow of the Southern Trial Lawyers.
- A Diplomate of the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers.
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- “AV” Preeminent peer-rated by Martindale Hubbell 5 out of 5 (the highest rating).
- AVVO rating of 10 (Superb).
Mr. Blaut is a member of the:
- Florida Justice Association (formerly, Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers) – EAGLE member.
- American Justice Association (formerly, Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Broward County Justice Association
- American Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association
- Broward County Trial Lawyers
Mr. Blaut was admitted to practice law in Florida in 1976 and in New York in 1984. He is also admitted to practice in the Southern District of Florida and in the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals. Mr. Blaut has been appointed by the Florida Bar to serve on the statewide Florida Bar committees on the Rules of Evidence, Health Law and the Rules of Civil Procedure. Mr. Blaut has also served on a Grievance Committee and has been the chairperson of a Grievance Committee. Mr. Blaut has also lectured to trial attorneys in the areas of personal injury and trial practice.
Mr. Blaut graduated from Syracuse University with a Juris Doctorate in law and a Master of Science in Accounting in 1975. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Massachusetts Cum Laude in 1973. Following law school Mr. Blaut represented insurance companies for one year before spending the next 29 years at Abrams Anton, starting as an associate in the personal injury department, and eventually became the head of the personal injury department.
He has served on the boards of Temple Sinai and Beth Ahm Israel synagogues, and was a vice president of Temple Sinai.