As a personal injury law firm in the Plantation area, our clients seek our expertise in dealing with unforeseen situations such as an injury or a death of a loved one as a result of an unfortunate accident or incident of nursing home neglect. These situations often lead to heated battles with insurance companies when claims are presented. These life events are stressful and overwhelming for injured victims and their families.
When many clients first come to the office, they sometimes come in feeling hopeless, betrayed, and many are dealing with incredible grief. In times of crisis, knowing when to seek the guidance and representation of an attorney is usually the last thing on someone’s mind.
The Blaut Weiss Law Group understands the importance of closure for our clients as well as making sure the responsible parties causing the pain are held accountable for their actions.
The process of choosing an attorney involves more than just researching a firm online and learning about the firm’s credentials, experience, and client reviews. We feel there is a personal element of trust and genuine interest and concern regarding your circumstances. In the midst of taking care of personal affairs through a difficult situation, we wanted to share our insights as to the steps for all to take in the important decision when seeking legal counsel:
- Find out how long the attorney has been actively practicing in personal injury law. An attorney’s experience in a particular field of practice is of critical importance as laws change frequently.
- Consider whether the attorney specializes in the particular area. Securing legal representation with an attorney that is a “Dabbler” and does a little bit of everything, could hurt your chances for a favorable final outcome.
- Research attorneys in your area based on industry respected peer- review ratings, such as: Martindale Hubbell (www.martindale.com) or AVVO (www.avvo.com)
- Be sure and check to see whether the attorney has been disbarred or disciplined. Our Department of Justice provides detailed information by visiting: www.justice.gov/eoir/list-of-currently-disciplined-practitioners
- If you are in need of a litigation attorney, check the Clerk of Court website to see the number of cases where your potential attorney was the Trial Counsel and check the case record results.
Whether you need a business attorney or a personal injury attorney in South Florida such as Blaut Weiss Law Group, hiring legal representation is one of the most important decisions to make as they have a direct effect on the financial future of the innocent victim and family members.
The Blaut Weiss Law Group represents victims in all types of accident, injury and insurance dispute cases throughout Florida. We are dedicated to providing our clients with personal service and aggressive representation. At Blaut Weiss, P.I. means that we are personally interested in every client and every case. If you are unsure of your legal rights, call our law offices at 954.634.1800 to evaluate your circumstances.