A motor vehicle accident can result in injuries that devastate your family, your ability to earn and cause a lifetime of physical disability and limitations. The Blaut Weiss Law Group office has experience in handling each issue that arises from an automobile, a truck or a motorcycle accident. If you have injuries resulting from a vehicle accident, please contact our Florida law firm online, or call Blaut Weiss at 954.634.1800, to better understand your legal options.
If you know or suspect a family member or friend is experiencing nursing home neglect, contact our Florida law firm online, or call Blaut Weiss at 954.634.1800, to better understand your legal options.
- Obtaining the police report, photographs of the scene and vehicles
- Securing witnesses statements
- Consulting with industry experts, when appropriate
- Determining vehicle ownership
- Whether the at-fault driver’s vehicle was being used on behalf of an employer when the accident occurred
- Insurance coverage liability
- Road conditions
- Vehicle condition
The evaluation of damages includes:
- Evaluating all medical records and medical bills
- Obtaining reports from treating physicians to address future medical needs and future medical expenses
- Consulting with medical experts, when appropriate
- Medical expenses in the past
- Medical expenses that are reasonably likely in the future
- Past and future lost income or wages
- Injury, pain, disability, disfigurement, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life
- Aggravation or exacerbation of a physical condition
- Replacement value of lost personal property
- Funeral expenses
Frequently health insurance issues cause great concern and confusion when you are involved in a motor vehicle accident. Health insurance carriers will usually seek subrogation when you are entitled to a recovery in a motor vehicle accident, and our office is experienced in negotiation with health insurance carriers to enable you to get a greater share of the ultimate monetary recovery when you are successful in obtaining a recovery in a motor vehicle accident claim.
There are some cases where our clients do not have adequate means to seek medical treatment or get appropriate diagnosis for their injury. In order to receive full compensation for your claim, and for your personal well-being, it is important for you to seek appropriate medical care. In the event our clients need assistance in obtaining appropriate medical treatment, diagnostic studies, prescription medication, physical therapy or other evaluation our office is experienced in addressing our clients’ needs in these situations.
There are important legal deadlines that apply to injury claims in Florida, known as Statute of Limitations. Once the deadline is reached, it may be impossible to obtain recovery for you even in catastrophic injury cases. Many times the responsible the parties responsible for the accident are not apparent and it takes time to discover all of the responsible parties. It is imperative to avoid missing a legal time deadline to protect your claim.